Oscoda, Michigan: Paul Bunyan Statue
A barrel-chested Bunyan stands guard between the highway and the local baseball field. Oscoda claims that the world's first Paul Bunyan story was published in an Oscoda newspaper in 1906.
Paul Bunyan Park
- US Hwy 23, Oscoda, MI
- Paul Bunyan Park. On the east side of US Hwy 23, downtown in Furtaw Field (Paul Bunyan Park), opposite Ottawa Drive.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Paul Bunyan Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Paul Bunyan and Babe
There is, and has been for 30 years, a Bunyan Muffler Man and a Babe the Blue Ox standing along US-23 north of Oscoda, Michigan. A long time ago you could walk right up to them, push a button and hear the story of Paul Bunyan and his ox, Babe from a speaker. They are now inside a tall chain-link fence.
[Richard Hyde, 02/09/2001]
June 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Carrots, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Shelby Gem Stone Factory, Shelby, Michigan
- Abrams Planetarium Blacklight Gallery, East Lansing, Michigan
- The Hand, Norton Shores, Michigan
- Site of Worst School Massacre, Bath, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Fountain of Youth Springs, Lewes, Delaware
- Johnny Cash Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
- Lonehenge: Cadillac Ranch with One Car, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Razorback Rock, Fairfield Bay, Arkansas
- Country Western Singer Statue, Nashville, Tennessee