Overbrook, Kansas: Backyard Pirate Ship - DV Hangman
Homeowner decided his yard needed a landlocked, replica pirate ship - over 50 feet long, 25 feet wide and with mast over 30 feet tall, with a working helm that steers the 6 foot tall rudder. There's water involved, but you have to take the tour to see how.
- SE Stubbs Rd, Overbrook, KS
- Southeast Shawnee County, at SE 101st and SE Stubbs Rd or 8 miles north and 1 mile east of Overbrook. It's partly hidden behind the house.
- Appointment Only (Call to verify)
- Tour - fee per car.
DV Hangman Pirate Ship
Visitor Tips and News About Backyard Pirate Ship - DV Hangman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
DV Hangman Pirate Ship is a real prairie schooner! The ship is over 50 feet long, 25 feet wide and with masts over 30 feet tall. Has a working helm that steers the 6 foot tall rudder.
[Kelly Lundgrin, 04/09/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 1, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Birthplace of Home On The Range, Athol, Kansas
- Giant Dragon and Other Farm Equipment Creatures, Lincoln, Kansas
- Suitcase Tombstone of a Traveling Salesman, Lincoln, Kansas
- Giant Steam Shovel, Crawford County Historical Museum, Pittsburg, Kansas
- Tow Mater from the Movie "Cars", Galena, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Statue of Liberty, McRae, Georgia
- Miss Electra, Birmingham, Alabama
- Tinglewood Trail: Trees with Faces, Montevallo, Alabama
- White Shriner Statue, Sarasota, Florida
- World's Largest Bowling Pin, Tampa, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips