Dubuque, Iowa: Mysterious Portrait of JFK
A 1960s hand-rendered black and white portrait of John F. Kennedy was covered in paneling at The Hub and forgotten for 30 years. Revealed in 2001, JFK benevolently presides over Happy Hours.
- 253 Main St., Dubuque, IA
- On the wall of a downtown bar named The Hub. On the west side of Main St. midway between W. 2nd and W. 3rd Sts.
- M-Sa 5 pm - 2 am, Su 6 pm - 2 am (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Mysterious Portrait of JFK
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Mysterious Portrait of JFK
Old portrait of JFK was uncovered by the current bar owner during renovations at the Hub in 2001. It was originally painted in the 1960s and preserved underneath paneling for 30 years.
January 23, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Tower of Grain Wagons, Williamsburg, Iowa
- Feature: Squirrel Cage Jail, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Black Squirrel Town, Kingsley, Iowa
- Coffee Pot Water Tower, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial, Alexandria, Virginia
- Buddhist Temple Tour, Kissimmee, Florida
- Happy Halfwit Muffler Man, Oaks, Pennsylvania
- Zero Milestone of the Old Spanish Trail, St. Augustine, Florida