Plainville, Massachusetts: Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Chainsaw artist Jesse Green made a dying tree into a 24-ft. tall baseball bat next to town baseball fields.
- Everett Skinner Rd, Plainville, MA
- I-495 exit 14B. Drive south on Boston-Providence Tpke/Washington St. for two miles. Turn right onto George St., which turns into Everett Skinner Rd. Drive a half-mile to the baseball fields.
Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Chainsaw artist Jesse Green took a dying 85-foot-tall red oak tree in Plainville and sculpted it into an upright 24-foot-tall baseball bat. The tree, which is still rooted, was dying partly because of an adjacent parking lot for the town's baseball and softball fields. Green, his every move recorded for a reality TV series, needed only a few days to transform the tree into the bat, which was unveiled in April 2012.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/22/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Clam Statues, Pismo Beach, Massachusetts
- Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery, Salem, Massachusetts
- The Gas Tank, Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Birthplace of the Gerrymander, Boston, Massachusetts
- Miniature Pooh Stump House, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips