Plainville, Massachusetts: Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from TreeChainsaw artist Jesse Green made a dying tree into a 24-ft. tall baseball bat next to town baseball fields.
- Everett Skinner Rd, Plainville, MA
- I-495 exit 14B. Drive south on Boston-Providence Tpke/Washington St. for two miles. Turn right onto George St., which turns into Everett Skinner Rd. Drive a half-mile to the baseball fields.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Chainsaw artist Jesse Green took a dying 85-foot-tall red oak tree in Plainville and sculpted it into an upright 24-foot-tall baseball bat. The tree, which is still rooted, was dying partly because of an adjacent parking lot for the town's baseball and softball fields. Green, his every move recorded for a reality TV series, needed only a few days to transform the tree into the bat, which was unveiled in April 2012.[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/22/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Only Place on Earth to Find Cumberlandite, Cumberland, RI - 7 mi.
- Carved Paul Bunyan, Bellingham, MA - 7 mi.
- Mr. Potato Head at Hasbro Headquarters, Pawtucket, RI - 10 mi.
- In the region: Skull of Phineas Gage and the Rod That Passed Through It, Boston, MA - 25 mi.