Plainville, Massachusetts: Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Chainsaw artist Jesse Green made a dying tree into a 24-ft. tall baseball bat next to town baseball fields.
- Everett Skinner Rd, Plainville, MA
- I-495 exit 14B. Drive south on Boston-Providence Tpke/Washington St. for two miles. Turn right onto George St., which turns into Everett Skinner Rd. Drive a half-mile to the baseball fields.
Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Baseball Bat Sculpted from Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Chainsaw artist Jesse Green took a dying 85-foot-tall red oak tree in Plainville and sculpted it into an upright 24-foot-tall baseball bat. The tree, which is still rooted, was dying partly because of an adjacent parking lot for the town's baseball and softball fields. Green, his every move recorded for a reality TV series, needed only a few days to transform the tree into the bat, which was unveiled in April 2012.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 04/22/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 30, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Make Way For Ducklings, Boston, Massachusetts
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- HarborArts Shipyard Sculpture Gallery, East Boston, Massachusetts
- Cannon Rock, Lynn, Massachusetts
- Edgar Allen Poe Statue, Boston, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Virgin Mary in a Tree, Polk City, Iowa
- Apple Basket Water Tower, Mount Jackson, Virginia
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brown Pet Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
- Singing Highway, Tijeras, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips