Built in 1958 by Thomas Pennington -- according to a plaque on its exterior -- this itty-bitty house of worship looks like it could seat maybe four skinny people.
- Whitman St., Elkins, WV
- Just northwest of Elkins, on the north side Hwy 11/Laurel Mountain Rd, at the intersection of Whitman St. In front of some sort of apartment complex/assisted living facility.
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On the first leg of our road trip we searched for the Tiny Church in Buckhannon, West Virginia, that's listed on Roadside America (my fourth tiny church!). But on the way home we took a wrong turn trying to stay on Highway 250 through Elkins, and stumbled across this one, in the parking lot of an apartment complex/assisted living facility.
[B Mann, 04/28/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 25, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Don Knotts Star, Morgantown, West Virginia
- West Virginia State Penitentiary Tour, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs - We Got the Weenies, Lesage, West Virginia
- International Water Tasting Competition, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Salem Sue, World's Largest Holstein Cow, New Salem, North Dakota
- Grand Canyon Deer Farm, Williams, Arizona
- Sit On Einstein's Lap, Washington, DC
- Gargoyles, Washington National Cathedral, Washington, DC
- Big Bluegill Fish, Birchwood, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips