Elkins, West Virginia: Tiny ChurchBuilt in 1958 by Thomas Pennington -- according to a plaque on its exterior -- this itty-bitty house of worship looks like it could seat maybe four skinny people.
- Whitman St., Elkins, WV
- Just northwest of Elkins, on the north side Hwy 11/Laurel Mountain Rd, at the intersection of Whitman St. In front of some sort of apartment complex/assisted living facility.
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church
On the first leg of our road trip we searched for the Tiny Church in Buckhannon, West Virginia, that's listed on Roadside America (my fourth tiny church!). But on the way home we took a wrong turn trying to stay on Highway 250 through Elkins, and stumbled across this one, in the parking lot of an apartment complex/assisted living facility.[B Mann, 04/28/2012]
According to a plaque bolted to it, it's known as "The Little Church," although "little" seems far too generous a word for a church so tiny. Good find!
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, WV - 3 mi.
- Mummies of the Insane, Philippi, WV - 17 mi.
- First Amputation of the Civil War, Philippi, WV - 17 mi.
- In the region: Museum of American Glass in West Virginia and National Marble Museum, Weston, WV - 32 mi.