Garrison, North Dakota: Hot and Cold Water Towers (Gone)
A pair of water towers were employed in the municipal service of an always hilarious gag. The cold tower was reported removed in June 2015.
- At the corner of 5th Ave NW and 1st St NW. Mostly visible from all over town.
- June 2015: one tower reported removed.
Visitor Tips and News About Hot and Cold Water Towers
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hot and Cold Water Towers
In this little gem of a town, in addition to its other roadside goodies, you also have twin "hot and cold" water towers. The story goes that a second water tower was put up next to the original which wasn't functioning. So with a little dash of North Dakota humor, they labeled one Hot, and one Cold.
[BS Meyer, 05/09/2012]
October 23, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Seaman Dog Statue, Washburn, North Dakota
- Sacred Stone, Fort Yates, North Dakota
- Sitting Bull Monument, Fort Yates, North Dakota
- Wood Chipper From Fargo, Fargo, North Dakota
- Town Trapped in Time, Ayr, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Tie Hack Monument, Dubois, Wyoming
- Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
- Wooden Statue And Grave Of Police K9 Zeek, Westland, Michigan
- Rocks for Fun Cafe, Tigerton, Wisconsin
- National Corvette Museum, Bowling Green, Kentucky