Garrison, North Dakota: Hot and Cold Water Towers (Gone)
A pair of water towers were employed in the municipal service of an always hilarious gag. The cold tower was reported removed in June 2015.
- At the corner of 5th Ave NW and 1st St NW. Mostly visible from all over town.
- June 2015: one tower reported removed.
Visitor Tips and News About Hot and Cold Water Towers
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hot and Cold Water Towers
In this little gem of a town, in addition to its other roadside goodies, you also have twin "hot and cold" water towers. The story goes that a second water tower was put up next to the original which wasn't functioning. So with a little dash of North Dakota humor, they labeled one Hot, and one Cold.
[BS Meyer, 05/09/2012]
May 30, 2016
North Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church - St. Joseph's Chapel, Oslo, North Dakota
- 14-Foot-Tall Pink Bra, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Home on the Range, Sentinel Butte, North Dakota
- World's Largest Sandhill Crane, Steele, North Dakota
- Badger Mascot Statue, Wishek, North Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin