Blue Rapids, Kansas: Monument to the Ice AgeThis town wants visitor to know that the Ice Age passed through, as it did in many other places. But those places don't have an Ice Age monument.
- 101 W. 6th St., Blue Rapids, KS
- Downtown, in the Fountain Park traffic circle. Take Hwy 9 into town, then turn south onto Main St. at Casey's gas station.
Monument to the Ice Age: Memorable monuments are sometimes a marriage of a home-grown visionary and a town willing to go along with a crazy idea. And thats what's happened in Blue Rapids. [05/24/2012] Complete Story...
Visitor Tips and News About Monument to the Ice Age
Blue Rapids' Ice Age Monument at night.[Tom Parker, 06/04/2012]
The monument was designed to be bathed in special blue light after dark, giving its cement pylons a cool Ice Age glow.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Black Squirrel Town, Marysville, KS - 11 mi.
- 30-Ft-Tall Johnny Kaw, Kansas Answer to Bunyan, Manhattan, KS - 35 mi.
- Replica of World's First Bulldozer, Morrowville, KS - 30 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Chief, Last Cavalry Mount in the U.S. Army, Fort Riley, KS - 43 mi.