Atlanta, Georgia: The Varsity
Pioneer in fast food mass-feeding systems, and a must-stop on the Grease Trail. Claims to be the world's largest drive-in, with curb service where actor Nipsy Russell got his start as a car hop.
- 61 N Ave. NW, Atlanta, GA
- From southbound 75/85 get off at exit 249D, turn left, and you will see The Varsity on the left across bridge (61 North Ave).
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About The Varsity
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
If you go here for the best dawgs in the city, remember to order fast. When you walk up to the counter be prepared to order fast because they will huff and possibly send you to the back of the (long) line. By the time you can order at the first window and sidle down to the next to pay, your order is already ready. Mickey D's could learn a lesson from these guys.
[Veronica Vatter, 04/17/2007]
This restaurant is a real Atlanta landmark. It was started in 1928 by Frank Gordy after he flunked out of Georgia Tech and wanted to show them that he could make it. He went across the street from the school and opened this restaurant. He had so much business that he had to move to a new location down the street that is 2 blocks wide (61 North Ave). It has expanded to 5 locations and serves tens of thousands of people every month. Famous for their "What'll ya have" "What'll ya have" greeting at their stainless steel counters, Frosted Oranges and Naked Dogs Walking. [Pat, 03/04/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Long Escalator in CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Feature: Gone With the Wind Museum, Marietta, Georgia
- Feature: Road to Tara Museum, Jonesboro, Georgia
- Tupac Shakur Statue, Stone Mountain, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
- One-Armed Hot Dog, Winsted, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips