Rutland, Vermont: The Leash SculptureBronze sculpture by artist Patrick Farrow shows a parking meter with a dog attached to it by an invisible leash. The parking meter was stoler, then recovered in 2001.
- Merchants Row, Rutland, VT
- Southwest corner of Evelyn St. and Merchants Row in a small park in front of Walmart.
Visitor Tips and News About The Leash Sculpture
There is a tiny triangular park in front of Walmart with a lifesize bronze sculpture of a dog and parking meter, called "The Leash." It shows a dog straining against an invisible (and non-existent) leash tied to the parking meter. The statue was created by Patrick Farrow (Mia Farrow's brother) and donated to Rutland in 1984.
The parking meter portion was discovered missing in November 2011, and returned a few days later. As of May 2012 the statue is intact.[Heather, 05/30/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Frozen GI - Rutland County Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Rutland, VT - < 1 mi.
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wallingford, VT - 9 mi.
- New England Maple Syrup Museum, Pittsford, VT - 8 mi.
- In the region: Lake George Mystery Spot, Lake George, NY - 39 mi.