Ames, Iowa: Stainless Steel TurkeyRendering of a White Tom Turkey in stainless steel, crafted by sculptor Larry Pearson for the Iowa Turkey Federation.
Iowa Turkey Federation
- 535 East Lincoln Way, Ames, IA
- SE side of town, north side of CR 41. Plenty of parking at the address.
Visitor Tips and News About Stainless Steel Turkey
Even though I didn't get to see this during daylight with the sun glinting off of the shiny feathers, and it was actually 2 a.m. when I found it, this turkey was still worth it. There is something about people being this creative, even for art that sits in front of a Turkey Federation building, that gives me hope for the human race. Beautifully detailed work.[C. Schee with Lou Flanders, 08/07/2013]
We'd guess that the Turkey Federation never saw their statue as a beacon for humankind, but they'll probably accept the compliment.
A much bigger-than-life turkey made of stainless steel (or some other shiny metal) sits in front of the Iowa Turkey Federation building in Ames, Iowa. This is a fairly new attraction and on a sunny day you practically need sunglasses to look at it.,[Bill Diesslin, 06/12/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Metal Woman's Head, Ames, IA - < 1 mi.
- World's Largest Concrete Gnome, Ames, IA - 2 mi.
- Phone Booth - Welcome to Kelley, Kelley, IA - 6 mi.
- In the region: Big Hands And Wrenches of the Plumbers and Steamfitters, Des Moines, IA - 32 mi.