Key West, Florida: Sponge Monster
On the porch of a ramshackle tourist shop labeled the "Woolwurth of the South," a terrifying sponge creature threatens to exfoliate you, and then sop up all of your spills.
Visitor Tips and News About Sponge Monster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located outside of a store called "Woolwurth of the South" in Key West, is a man (or monster) made out of sponges. Our kids thought he was pretty cool, but we couldn't decide whether he was a man or a monster. The kids are leaning more to him being a sponge monster.
October 22, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Hobby Horse House - Home of Doll Lady, Matlacha, Florida
- Tallahassee Automobile Museum, Tallahassee, Florida
- Sunken Gardens, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Blue Angel on a Stick, Pensacola, Florida
- The Truman Show, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Grave of the Foot of James A. Reid, Salisbury, North Carolina
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Concrete Teepee, Lawrence, Kansas
- Grave of Washington's Last Pallbearer, Lambertville, New Jersey
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- World's Largest Ten Commandments, Murphy, North Carolina