Key West, Florida: Sponge Monster
On the porch of a ramshackle tourist shop labeled the "Woolwurth of the South," a terrifying sponge creature threatens to exfoliate you, and then sop up all of your spills.
Visitor Tips and News About Sponge Monster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located outside of a store called "Woolwurth of the South" in Key West, is a man (or monster) made out of sponges. Our kids thought he was pretty cool, but we couldn't decide whether he was a man or a monster. The kids are leaning more to him being a sponge monster.
July 29, 2016
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Punta Gorda Train Depot, Punta Gorda, Florida
- Junk art of Hong Kong Willie, Tampa, Florida
- Boot monument for civic circus giant, Gibsonton, Florida
- Welaka Maritime Museum, Welaka, Florida
- Strawberry Water Tower, Plant City, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas