Key West, Florida: Sponge Monster
On the porch of a ramshackle tourist shop labeled the "Woolwurth of the South," a terrifying sponge creature threatens to exfoliate you, and then sop up all of your spills.
Visitor Tips and News About Sponge Monster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located outside of a store called "Woolwurth of the South" in Key West, is a man (or monster) made out of sponges. Our kids thought he was pretty cool, but we couldn't decide whether he was a man or a monster. The kids are leaning more to him being a sponge monster.
November 25, 2015
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Lion Country Safari, Loxahatchee, Florida
- Bob, Faithful Funeral Horse, Sanford, Florida
- Clymer Park Sculpture Garden, Gulfport, Florida
- Airstream Ranch, Dover, Florida
- Florida's Oldest Diner - Angel's, Palatka, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Indiana
- Sioux City Corn Palace, Sioux City, Iowa
- Belding Shoe Tree, Belding, Michigan
- Big Horse Head Outside Apt. Building, Fairfax, Virginia
- Tour a Lightship, East Boston, Massachusetts