Key West, Florida: Sponge Monster
On the porch of a ramshackle tourist shop labeled the "Woolwurth of the South," a terrifying sponge creature threatens to exfoliate you, and then sop up all of your spills.
Visitor Tips and News About Sponge Monster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located outside of a store called "Woolwurth of the South" in Key West, is a man (or monster) made out of sponges. Our kids thought he was pretty cool, but we couldn't decide whether he was a man or a monster. The kids are leaning more to him being a sponge monster.
February 24, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Sunken Gardens, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Uniroyal Gal, Winter Garden, Florida
- Forgotten Citrus Center Monument #2, Loughman, Florida
- Satchel's Junk Museum Restaurant, Gainesville, Florida
- Paint the Trail, Longwood, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California