Key West, Florida: Sponge Monster
On the porch of a ramshackle tourist shop labeled the "Woolwurth of the South," a terrifying sponge creature threatens to exfoliate you, and then sop up all of your spills.
Visitor Tips and News About Sponge Monster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Located outside of a store called "Woolwurth of the South" in Key West, is a man (or monster) made out of sponges. Our kids thought he was pretty cool, but we couldn't decide whether he was a man or a monster. The kids are leaning more to him being a sponge monster.
October 10, 2015
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Lake Placid Tower, Lake Placid, Florida
- Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Shark Photo Op - Bass Pro Shops, Destin, Florida
- Seacrest Wolf Preserve, Chipley, Florida
- Trapper Nelson's Zoo and Jungle Garden, Hobe Sound, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- America's Largest Glacial Traveler, Madison, New Hampshire
- Coyote Reading A Candy Wrapper, Wenatchee, Washington