Hanover Township, Indiana: Shoe CornerThis lucky street corner has become a magnet for tossed shoes -- pairs and singles. No tree, no fence, just a gravel shoulder with a scattering of footwear. There may be a posted sign describing the crime you're committing if you participate.
- 109th Ave., Hanover Township, IN
- Just east of the IL/IN state line. Corner of 109th and Calumet Street.
- Always visible.
Visitor Tips and News About Shoe Corner
Shoes (singles and in pairs) have been mysteriously appearing at this North West Indiana intersection for years. Recently a sign was erected with a message saying that anyone found dropping shoes would be fined. The sign itself disappeared after a short while![Lou, 06/20/2012]
This is not a Shoe Tree -- it's an arbitrary corner of an intersection with a gravel shoulder where drivers toss shoes. We suspect this is cleaned up regularly, so keep your expectations really low....
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Shrine of Christ's Passion, St. John, IN - 2 mi.
- Monument To "The Ideal Section" Of The Lincoln Highway, Dyer, IN - 5 mi.
- Howie the Quality Meats Bull, Munster, IN - 10 mi.
- In the region: Big Chief: World's Largest Cigar Store Indian, Oak Lawn, IL - 25 mi.