Lake Station, Indiana: Ruben's Giant Hobo
Since the late 1950s a big, portly hobo with a hole in his shoe, a stick, and a handful of balloons has stood outside a local restaurant. Felled by a storm on Nov. 12, 2015, back in action March 2016.
Visitor Tips and News About Ruben's Giant Hobo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Roadside Hobo
A statue of a hobo holding a bunch of balloons and a hobo stick. He is the mascot for Ruben's Restaurant on U.S. 6 in Lake Station, IN.
[Alan Culley, 06/17/2012]
May 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Martin and Bobby Across the Divide, Indianapolis, Indiana
- The Big Peach, Bruceville, Indiana
- Grave in the Middle of the Road, Franklin, Indiana
- House Of Bells, Cloverdale, Indiana
- World's Largest Celtic Cross Carved from a Single Rock, Cannelton, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York