Lake Station, Indiana: Ruben's Giant Hobo (In Transition)
Since the late 1950s a big, portly hobo with a hole in his shoe, a stick, and a handful of balloons has stood outside a local restaurant. Felled by a storm on Nov. 12, 2015. The restaurant has pledged to fully restore the hobo ASAP.
- 2230 Ripley St., Lake Station, IN
- I-80/94 exit south to US Hwy 6/Ripley St., on right at Parkside Ave.
- In Transition
Visitor Tips and News About Ruben's Giant Hobo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Roadside Hobo
A statue of a hobo holding a bunch of balloons and a hobo stick. He is the mascot for Ruben's Restaurant on U.S. 6 in Lake Station, IN.
[Alan Culley, 06/17/2012]
February 6, 2016
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Garfield the Cat, Basketball King, Swayzee, Indiana
- Cows on Milk Tanker, Fair Oaks, Indiana
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Feature: Indiana Medical History Museum: Brains in Jars, Indianapolis, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona