Lake Station, Indiana: Ruben's Giant Hobo
Since the late 1950s a big, portly hobo with a hole in his shoe, a stick, and a handful of balloons has stood outside a local restaurant. Felled by a storm on Nov. 12, 2015, back in action March 2016.
Visitor Tips and News About Ruben's Giant Hobo
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Roadside Hobo
A statue of a hobo holding a bunch of balloons and a hobo stick. He is the mascot for Ruben's Restaurant on U.S. 6 in Lake Station, IN.
[Alan Culley, 06/17/2012]
April 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave in the Middle of the Road, Franklin, Indiana
- Feature: World's Largest Sycamore Stump, Kokomo, Indiana
- Feature: Old Ben, World's Largest Steer, Kokomo, Indiana
- Belle "Black Widow" Gunness Exhibit, LaPorte, Indiana
- Luckey Hospital Museum, Wolf Lake, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California