Portland, Oregon: Der Rheinlander German-Themed RestaurantThe building exterior resembles a tiny Bavarian village. Inside, staff in traditional garb and lederhosen serve you while an accordionist plays
- 5035 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR
- North side of Sandy Blvd. between NE 50th Ave. and NE 51st Ave.
- Tu-Su 5-9pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant
Der Rheinlander is a longstanding Portland tradition since 1963. The restaurant looks like a German village inside and out. Above the dining area are mini-houses, clocks and other scenery. Waiters sing and dance, dressed in Bavarian garb, while accordion players seranade you with the Beer Barrel Polka or Adelwiess. Food is excellent but pricey.
Gustav's is a German pub, also located in the building, but not nearly as fun. Sandy Blvd. is a main road with lots of vintage stores and interesting places to visit.[Jody Day, 06/27/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Ribsy, Romona - Children's Book Characters, Portland, OR - < 1 mi.
- Joan of Arc, Portland, OR - 1 mi.
- Mike's Museum of Motion Picture History, Portland, OR - 2 mi.
- Wendy the Welder - Striding Cubist Lady Worker Statue, Vancouver, WA - 5 mi.