Portland, Oregon: Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant
The building exterior resembles a tiny Bavarian village. Inside, staff in traditional garb and lederhosen serve you while an accordionist plays
- 5035 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR
- North side of Sandy Blvd. between NE 50th Ave. and NE 51st Ave.
- Tu-Su 5-9pm. (Call to verify)
Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant
Visitor Tips and News About Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Der Rheinlander is a longstanding Portland tradition since 1963. The restaurant looks like a German village inside and out. Above the dining area are mini-houses, clocks and other scenery. Waiters sing and dance, dressed in Bavarian garb, while accordion players seranade you with the Beer Barrel Polka or Adelwiess. Food is excellent but pricey.
Gustav's is a German pub, also located in the building, but not nearly as fun. Sandy Blvd. is a main road with lots of vintage stores and interesting places to visit.
[Jody Day, 06/27/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Oregon Latest Tips and Stories
- Anchor Inn, Lincoln City, Oregon
- Shaniko Ghost Town, Shaniko, Oregon
- Voodoo Doughnuts, Portland, Oregon
- Lithium Water Fountain, Ashland, Oregon
- Art Under the Bridge, Ashland, Oregon
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips