Eunice, New Mexico: Miniature B-52 Freedom Plane
A miniature red, white, and blue B-52 bomber guards some oil wells on the New Mexico prairie.
- Hwy 18, Eunice, NM
- On the east side of Hwy 18, about eight miles south of highway 176 in Eunice.
- Private property - visible from street.
Freedom Plane Replica
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature B-52 Freedom Plane
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is this replica of a jet that is a kind of optical illusion. When driving down the highway it looks like some kid's toy that could be put into a small box. However, on close examination the fuselage appears to be about 24 inches in diameter. It is a nice piece and took some heavy work to get it in place. This is in the middle of nowhere in a New Mexico desert.
[Gerald D Massey, 07/06/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Jal Lake, Metal Cattle Drive Sculpture, Jal, NM - 12 mi.
- Failed Black Squirrel Town, Hobbs, NM - 27 mi.
- Roy Orbison Museum, Wink, TX - 40 mi.
- In the region: Animatronic Bartender, West of the Pecos Museum, Pecos, TX - 65 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 19, 2013
New Mexico Latest Tips and Stories
- Apple Boy, High Rolls - Mountain Park, New Mexico
- Scrap Metal Roadrunner, Alamogordo, New Mexico
- Ghost Town Pioneer Store Museum, Chloride, New Mexico
- Cattle/UFO Yield Sign, Ohkay Owingeh, New Mexico
- Trinity Site Open House, Socorro, New Mexico
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Big Chairs, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- The Thing?, Dragoon, Arizona
- Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Schwab's Shoe Thief Bait, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips