Elm Creek, Nebraska: Chevyland U.S.A.Farmer Monte Hollertz's personal museum of old Chevys, plus bicycles, motorcycles, posters, model cars, etc. He's been collecting them since 1972.
- 7245 Buffalo Creek Rd, Elm Creek, NE
- I-80 exit 257 onto Hwy 183. Drive north a half-block. Turn right onto the dirt road. Drive less than a mile to Barley Rd. Turn right down the driveway to the buildings near the highway. Paved parking is available.
- Adults $6.00
Visitor Tips and News About Chevyland U.S.A.
A small, personal museum of old Chevys and extra stuff: bicycles, motorcycles, posters, model cars, etc. Monte Hollertz is the owner/operator. He (and his son Alan) began collecting and restoring these vehicles in 1972, after reading a book titled, "60 Years of Chevys." Although he mostly has Chevys from the '40s, '50s and '60s there are a few other interesting autos as well.
There are no signs for this attraction on the highway. Monte said, "the highway department says I can't put any up." But you can see the sign "Chevyland U.S.A." on the front side of his building full of vehicles from the highway as you dash by at 75 mph. I just drove up and saw the "open" sign.
Apparently he has had some sticky-fingered visitors in his museum as there are many signs warning not to steal anything! Why would you? Unless you're a jerk![S. Brian Berkun, 07/04/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Oxen Pulling a Prairie Schooner, Kearney, NE - 10 mi.
- Nebraska Prairie Museum - German POW Story, Holdrege, NE - 16 mi.
- Bicentennial Wind Sculpture, Shelton, NE - 13 mi.
- In the region: Monument: Where Brothers Were Pinned Together By An Arrow, Alda, NE - 46 mi.