Windsor, Connecticut: Tobacco Museum
No need to visit Cuba -- the world's finest cigar tobacco is in fact grown in Connecticut, and this museum lets you chew a bit on its addictive story.
Luddy/Taylor Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum
- 135 Lang Rd, Windsor, CT
- Luddy/Taylor Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum. In Northwest Park, at the end of Lang Rd, which runs north from Prospect Hill Rd.
- March to mid-Dec. T-Th, Sa 12-4. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Tobacco Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A museum dedicated to the history of the tobacco farming industry in the Connecticut River Valley, which apparently produces the best cigar tobacco in the world. Fully restored tobacco curing shed contains lots of antique farm equipment, and a separate building contains cigar memorabilia and tons of photographs. As a bonus...it's located in a beautiful park.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 20, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Dairy Store, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb, P. T. Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- St. Edmund's Severed Arm, Mystic, Connecticut
- Monk Parrot Nests, Fairfield, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Kodiak the Bear, Government Camp, Oregon
- Polk-a-Dot Drive In, Braidwood, Illinois
- Braidwood Zoo Animal Sculptures, Braidwood, Illinois
- Red Oak II - Must see!, Carthage, Missouri
- Wild Stallion Sculptures, Vantage, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips