North Braddock, Pennsylvania: Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Tall tale hero of steelworkers since the 1930s, Joe was believed to have been born in an ore mountain, his body composed of steel. At the old US Steel works, a large statue depicts the brawny folk hero bending a steel beam, his shirt open to show his US Steel medallion.
Visitor Tips and News About Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Man
At the Edgar Thomson Works is a statue of Joe Magarac, a folk tale steelworker who could bend steel with his bare hands. The plant is on the site of a 1755 French and Indian War battle, as well as a Whiskey Rebellion battle.
November 29, 2015
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Dinner in a Beer Dungeon, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- Giant Work Boot, Newry, Pennsylvania
- Merchants Square Model Train Exhibit, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Where the Ducks Walk on the Fish, Linesville, Pennsylvania
- Muffler Man, Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Last Place James Dean Stopped for Gas, Lost Hills, California
- Deer Statues - Scioto Lounge, Columbus, Ohio
- Johnny Appleseed Grave, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Giant Golden Ear, LaVale, Maryland
- Frostop Drive-In, Huntington, West Virginia