North Braddock, Pennsylvania: Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Tall tale hero of steelworkers since the 1930s, Joe was believed to have been born in an ore mountain, his body composed of steel. At the old US Steel works, a large statue depicts the brawny folk hero bending a steel beam, his shirt open to show his US Steel medallion.
Visitor Tips and News About Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Man
At the Edgar Thomson Works is a statue of Joe Magarac, a folk tale steelworker who could bend steel with his bare hands. The plant is on the site of a 1755 French and Indian War battle, as well as a Whiskey Rebellion battle.
May 23, 2017
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Ashes of First Cremated American, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Trolley Graveyard, Windber, Pennsylvania
- Scripture Rocks Heritage Park, Brookville, Pennsylvania
- Monongahela Incline, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Flying Saucer in Town Named Mars, Mars, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pumpkin Fantasy Land, Ligonier, Indiana
- Big Red the Ox, Bozeman, Montana
- Bronze Statue of Chef Boyardee, Omaha, Nebraska
- NYC Skyline with Ironworkers, Williamsville, New York
- Iron Island Museum, Buffalo, New York