North Braddock, Pennsylvania: Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Tall tale hero of steelworkers since the 1930s, Joe was believed to have been born in an ore mountain, his body composed of steel. At the old US Steel works, a large statue depicts the brawny folk hero bending a steel beam, his shirt open to show his US Steel medallion.
Visitor Tips and News About Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Worker
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Joe Magarac - Steel Bending Man
At the Edgar Thomson Works is a statue of Joe Magarac, a folk tale steelworker who could bend steel with his bare hands. The plant is on the site of a 1755 French and Indian War battle, as well as a Whiskey Rebellion battle.
April 23, 2017
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- White Waste Cliffs of Conoy, Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
- Silence of the Lambs Torture House, Layton, Pennsylvania
- Old Sled Works, Fire Lookout Tower, Duncannon, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Lincoln Train Museum, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Centralia Mine Fire, Centralia, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Mummified Human Arm, Norwich, Connecticut
- Big Soup Can, Eastland, Texas
- Mural: John Lennon, Al Capone, Marilyn Monroe, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Wreckage Of The USS Inaugural, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: White Sands: Alien Dunescape, Alamogordo, New Mexico