Acton, California: The Last Starfighter Store and Trailer Park
In the 1984 movie "The Last Starfighter," trailer park video game teen Alex Rogan lived behind this store before departing to save the universe. Trailers are gone, and the store offers no overt acknowledgment of its important role in scifi nerdstory.
- 9411 Soledad Canyon Rd, Acton, CA
- SW of Action, south of Vasquez Rocks Park and Hwy 14, take Agua Dulce Canyon Rd south, turn left/eat on Soledad Canyon Rd, go about 4 miles. The store is called Rio.
The Last Starfighter Store And Trailer Park
Visitor Tips and News About The Last Starfighter Store and Trailer Park
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is the store featured in the 1984 movie The Last Starfighter, the first movie where all the special effects were CGI. The store has had a remodel, and the patio where the video game was located has a fence in front of it now. Also the trailer park is long gone and pretty overgrown, but the steps leading from the store to the park are still there. The store is open but there is no Starfighter stuff to be found inside.
[Robert Berge, 07/24/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 21, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Bar Covered with Pennies - Penny Bar, McKittrick, California
- Top Gun House, Oceanside, California
- Granite Sculpture of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach, California
- Westernmost 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial, Union City, California
- Iron Zoo - Oil Pump Art, Coalinga, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Western Mining Museum, Helper, Utah
- Elvis Shrine Inside Trophy Business Showroom, Hartford, Connecticut
- Giant Pepsi Can, Worthing, South Dakota
- Aztec Crash Site, Aztec, New Mexico
- Dolphin Tree Carving, Blowing Cave, Kennebunkport, Maine
Latest Visitor Tips