Acton, California: The Last Starfighter Store and Trailer ParkIn the 1984 movie "The Last Starfighter," trailer park video game teen Alex Rogan lived behind this store before departing to save the universe. Trailers are gone, and the store offers no overt acknowledgment of its important role in scifi nerdstory.
- 9411 Soledad Canyon Rd, Acton, CA
- SW of Action, south of Vasquez Rocks Park and Hwy 14, take Agua Dulce Canyon Rd south, turn left/eat on Soledad Canyon Rd, go about 4 miles. The store is called Rio.
Visitor Tips and News About The Last Starfighter Store and Trailer Park
This is the store featured in the 1984 movie The Last Starfighter, the first movie where all the special effects were CGI. The store has had a remodel, and the patio where the video game was located has a fence in front of it now. Also the trailer park is long gone and pretty overgrown, but the steps leading from the store to the park are still there. The store is open but there is no Starfighter stuff to be found inside.[Robert Berge, 07/24/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Star Trek Gorn Battle Rocks - Vasquez Rocks, Santa Clarita, CA - 4 mi.
- Oak of the Golden Dream, Newhall, CA - 12 mi.
- Miss American Green Cross Statue, Glendale, CA - 18 mi.
- Last Surviving Tunnel Entrance To The 1925 LA Subway, Los Angeles, CA - 26 mi.