Shreveport, Louisiana: Neon BridgeA large truss bridge across the Red River has been outfitted with orange neon tubing and LEDs to provide a light show at night.
- US Hwy 79, Shreveport, LA
- The bridge carries US Hwy 79/80 between Shreveport and Bossier City. Aside from driving across it, you can view the light show from the Bossier City boardwalk or from Shreveport's Riverview Park near the Eldorado Casino.
- Visible only at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Neon Bridge
A large truss bridge across the Red River connects the cities of Shreveport and Bossier City. In 1983 the bridge became the Neon Bridge when orange neon tubing was installed along its superstructure. LEDs have subsequently been added to the neon. It is a most interesting night sight and an oddity to behold.[Gerald D Massey, 07/29/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Indoor Volcano Show, Bossier City, LA - < 1 mi.
- Uncle Buck's Gator Bayou, Bossier City, LA - < 1 mi.
- 14-Story Mural, Largest in the USA, Shreveport, LA - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Only International Boundary Marker Within the U.S., Logansport, LA - 38 mi.