Shreveport, Louisiana: Neon Bridge
A large truss bridge across the Red River has been outfitted with orange neon tubing and LEDs to provide a light show at night.
- US Hwy 79, Shreveport, LA
- The bridge carries US Hwy 79/80 between Shreveport and Bossier City. Aside from driving across it, you can view the light show from the Bossier City boardwalk or from Shreveport's Riverview Park near the Eldorado Casino.
- Visible only at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Neon Bridge
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A large truss bridge across the Red River connects the cities of Shreveport and Bossier City. In 1983 the bridge became the Neon Bridge when orange neon tubing was installed along its superstructure. LEDs have subsequently been added to the neon. It is a most interesting night sight and an oddity to behold.
[Gerald D Massey, 07/29/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 18, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long Shot Here: See the Bullet Hole, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Feature: Huey Long's Towering Tombstone, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Feature: Abita Mystery House, Abita Springs, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Billy Tripp's Mindfield, Brownsville, Tennessee
- Babe the Blue Ox and Bunyan, Rumford, Maine
- Large Drunken Pink Elephant, Fortville, Indiana
- See Birch Bark Canoes Made, Bigfork, Minnesota
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips