Powell River, British Columbia, Canada: Floating Ghost Ships
Ten rusty old World War I and II freighters, some visibly filled with cement, are tethered together just offshore. Convenient parking area and scenic viewing spot.
- Sunshine Coast Hwy, Powell River, BC, Canada
- North of downtown, on the water side of Sunshine Coast Hwy/Marine Ave./Hwy 101. There's a small parking and viewing area just off the road, next to the large Catalyst Paper sign. For a closer view, turn left at the sign, drive downhill, then make another left.
Floating Ghost Ships
Visitor Tips and News About Floating Ghost Ships
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Ten old, rusty World War I and II freighters, some visibly filled with cement, just offshore. They were tethered together by a big pulp and paper mill to make a floating breakwater for its log pond.
[David Kamada, 08/08/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Goats on the Roof, Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada - 39 mi.
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose Bay, BC, Canada - 43 mi.
- Paul Bunyan - Woodsman, Squamish, BC, Canada - 64 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, BC, Canada - 84 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose, British Columbia
- Paul B in Squamish, Squamish, British Columbia
- Giant Raspberries, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Giant Sparrows, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Floating Ghost Ships, Powell River, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips