Orefield, Pennsylvania: Silo Lighthouse
A family farm grain silo has been modified to resemble a lighthouse.
- 7399 Kernsville Rd, Orefield, PA
- NW of Allentown, a half mile east of PA SR 100 on Kernsville Rd, north side.
- Private property - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Silo Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This landlocked lighthouse is a repurposed grain silo, sitting on Kernsville Rd. near Allentown, Pennsylvania. This lighthouse was built by someone on a farm that thought it would be cool to make one out of an unused grain silo! It's been there for years on Kernsville Road just east of PA SR 100.
[Julie Lubinsky, 08/16/2012]
March 24, 2017
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Milk Bottle Water Tower, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Clock made of 50,000 Pieces of Wood, Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Chief Merrill, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
- 12-Foot-Tall Krampus, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington