Orefield, Pennsylvania: Silo Lighthouse
A family farm grain silo has been modified to resemble a lighthouse.
- 7399 Kernsville Rd, Orefield, PA
- NW of Allentown, a half mile east of PA SR 100 on Kernsville Rd, north side.
- Private property - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Silo Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This landlocked lighthouse is a repurposed grain silo, sitting on Kernsville Rd. near Allentown, Pennsylvania. This lighthouse was built by someone on a farm that thought it would be cool to make one out of an unused grain silo! It's been there for years on Kernsville Road just east of PA SR 100.
[Julie Lubinsky, 08/16/2012]
May 26, 2016
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Granny's Motel and Kitchen, Frackville, Pennsylvania
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Dinner in a Beer Dungeon, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
- American Treasure Tour, Oaks, Pennsylvania
- Electric Map, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico
- Lonely Head of John Adams, Newport, Rhode Island