Orefield, Pennsylvania: Silo Lighthouse
A family farm grain silo has been modified to resemble a lighthouse.
- 7399 Kernsville Rd, Orefield, PA
- NW of Allentown, a half mile east of PA SR 100 on Kernsville Rd, north side.
- Private property - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Silo Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This landlocked lighthouse is a repurposed grain silo, sitting on Kernsville Rd. near Allentown, Pennsylvania. This lighthouse was built by someone on a farm that thought it would be cool to make one out of an unused grain silo! It's been there for years on Kernsville Road just east of PA SR 100.
[Julie Lubinsky, 08/16/2012]
February 8, 2016
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- America's Oldest Surgical Amphitheater, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Living Dead Museum, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Giant Gas Pump, Troy, Pennsylvania
- Giant Pencil, Wysox, Pennsylvania
- Coke Tree, Lower Paxton Township, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma