Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
March 25, 2017
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Morrison Mailbox, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Daniel Boone, Westfield, Wisconsin
- Don Q Inn - Fire!, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Feature: Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Sit on Big Red Tricycle, Pepin, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington