Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
November 26, 2015
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, Madison, Wisconsin
- Humpty Dumpty Behind the Plate, Arkdale, Wisconsin
- Ship Shaped Car Wash, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Flea Market Junk Robot, Adams, Wisconsin
- Feature: Jurustic Park, Marshfield, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Indiana
- Lion Country Safari, Loxahatchee, Florida
- Sioux City Corn Palace, Sioux City, Iowa
- Belding Shoe Tree, Belding, Michigan
- Big Horse Head Outside Apt. Building, Fairfax, Virginia