Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
May 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Turkey Statue - Turkey Hunting Capital of WI, Boscobel, Wisconsin
- 9/11 World Trade Center Memorial, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Bull on a Pole, Osseo, Wisconsin
- Garden of Eden Guy, Rev. Van Slyke Statue, Galesville, Wisconsin
- Elvis Fight Site Marker, Madison, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York