Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
February 9, 2016
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Creepy Mini Pyramid, Madison, Wisconsin
- Elvis Fight Site Marker, Madison, Wisconsin
- Ozzie, Mascot of Octopus Car Wash, Madison, Wisconsin
- Babe The Big Blue Ox, Townsend, Wisconsin
- House On The Rock, Spring Green, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma