Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
July 27, 2015
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Ella's Animatronic Deli, Madison, Wisconsin
- JFK's Twine Ball: World's Largest?, Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin
- Easter Island Head, Black Creek, Wisconsin
- Ozzie the Octopus, Madison, Wisconsin
- Creepy Mini-Pyramid, Madison, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Natural Chimneys, Mount Solon, Virginia
- Submarine, Aircraft Carrier, and Mini-Vietnam, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina