Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
May 24, 2015
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Anderson Warehouse Graffiti, Ephraim, Wisconsin
- Colsac III the Free Ferry, Merrimac, Wisconsin
- Pinkie the Elephant, DeForest, Wisconsin
- Home of the Hamburger, Seymour, Wisconsin
- Daniel Boone and Steers, Westfield, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Metal Dinosaurs, Joshua Tree, California
- Prehistoric Forest and Mystery Hill, Marblehead, Ohio
- World Famous Crochet Museum, Joshua Tree, California
- Caboose Memorial to "Ribs" Peel, Roberta, Georgia
- World Globe Storage Tank, Savannah, Georgia