Kenosha, Wisconsin: Butchering a Mammoth
A life-size wax diorama shows prehistoric Americans yanking yummy organs and meat out of a dead mammoth.
Kenosha Public Museum
- 5500 1st Ave., Kenosha, WI
- Kenosha Public Museum. On the lakefront (east edge of the city) on 1st Ave. just north of 56th St.
- Su-M 12-5, T-Sa 9-5; off-season closed M (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Butchering a Mammoth
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Life-sized mammoth harvesting display. Yuck. Very nice museum (nice lake view) and free.
[Cory Lenger, 08/20/2012]
July 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Deer Butt Mailbox, Tennyson, Wisconsin
- Cookie the Cow, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- Easter Island Heads, Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
- Big Red Tricycle, Pepin, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Monument to Last Shot of the Civil War, Waynesville, North Carolina
- License Plate Building, Sylva, North Carolina
- Popeye Statue - 2007 Model, Alma, Arkansas
- Giant Steel Dinosaur Skeleton, Saugerties, New York
- Rock in a Cage, Lindsborg, Kansas