Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin: Melvin the Pointing MouseThe cartoony mascot of a dairy store stands atop a cheese wheel next to the parking lot.
- 2189 County Rd DK, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Renard's Cheese. Seven miles south of town, just off the west side of Hwy 57. Look for the tall sign that resembles a slice of Swiss cheese. Turn west onto Cloverleaf Rd, then right onto County Rd DK.
Visitor Tips and News About Melvin the Pointing Mouse
A statue of a mouse holding some cheese and pointing.[Chiliking, 09/03/2012]
The mouse mascot of Renard's Cheese store is not named Renard, but Melvin. He originally stood next to the highway and pointed toward the parking lot. His new spot, behind the building, pointing at trees, makes him a safer if more ambiguous photo-op.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Old Salty, Algoma, WI - 12 mi.
- Dungeon and Only Known Wood Carving of Custer's Last Stand, Kewaunee, WI - 22 mi.
- Cookie the Cow, Sturgeon Bay, WI - 15 mi.
- In the region: Shoe Tree, Green Bay, WI - 26 mi.