Washington, DC: Parking Deck Leg of Col. Dahlgren
- Isaac Hull Ave., Washington, DC
- From M St. SE turn south onto Isaac Hull Ave., which is between 5th St. SE and 7th St. SE. Enter the Washington Navy Yard (photo ID required at gate). Drive south two blocks. You'll see the NavSea parking garage on the left; the plaque is on the outside wall, next to the south entrance.
An amputated leg, a grief-stricken admiral, a parking garage. Ingredients for one of the more peculiar commemorative markers in DC. Roadsideamerica.com Report... [08/29/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Duncan Phyfe Chair, Washington, DC - < 1 mi.
- Titanic Memorial, Washington, DC - 1 mi.
- Obscure Monument to Lobsterdom, Washington, DC - 1 mi.
- In the region: Lorton Workhouse Museum - Suffragettes Behind Bars, Lorton, VA - 18 mi.