Los Angeles, California: World Trade Center Firefighters Memorial
A 22-ft tall rusty steel column resembling a tall letter W was in the lobby of the south tower of NYCs World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. It's now part of a memorial remembering the 343 firefighters who died in the towers.
Los Angeles Fire Department
- 1700 Stadium Way, Los Angeles, CA
- Next to Dodgers Stadium. West of the 110 exit 24 west to Stadium Way, on the right, just inside the gates.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
World Trade Center Firefighters Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About World Trade Center Firefighters Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a sad piece of history that can bring tears to your eyes when you remember how many lost their lives. [Leslie H-S, 03/22/2014]
A piece of the World Trade Center South Tower is at the Los Angeles Fire Department Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center near Dodger Stadium. It is a tribute to the 343 New York firefighters who perished on September 11, 2001. The vertical piece on display was a support between the lobby and 2nd floor of the South Tower and has remnants of concrete that supported the offices on the 2nd floor.
[Cheryl DeNoi, 09/02/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Building Shaped Like a Camera, Westminster, California
- Teddy Bear Made of Boulders, La Jolla, California
- Dr. Seuss and Cat in the Hat, La Jolla, California
- World's Largest Jack O' Lantern, Wilmington, California
- Feature: Junk Sculpture of Star Wars C3PO, Emeryville, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tiny Post Office, Sardis, Kentucky
- Feature: Wolf's Museum of Mystery, St. Augustine, Florida
- Yellow Submarine, Hobart, Washington
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips