Los Angeles, California: World Trade Center Firefighters Memorial
A 22-ft tall rusty steel column resembling a tall letter W was in the lobby of the south tower of NYCs World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. It's now part of a memorial remembering the 343 firefighters who died in the towers.
Los Angeles Fire Department
- 1700 Stadium Way, Los Angeles, CA
- Next to Dodgers Stadium. West of the 110 exit 24 west to Stadium Way, on the right, just inside the gates.
Visitor Tips and News About World Trade Center Firefighters Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A piece of the World Trade Center South Tower is at the Los Angeles Fire Department Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center near Dodger Stadium. It is a tribute to the 343 New York firefighters who perished on September 11, 2001. The vertical piece on display was a support between the lobby and 2nd floor of the South Tower and has remnants of concrete that supported the offices on the 2nd floor.
[Cheryl DeNoi, 09/02/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- San Luis Rey Mission: Skull and Crossbones of Zorro, Oceanside, California
- Shipwreck - Attraction Ruins, Eureka, California
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
- Munch Box, Chatsworth, California
- Once-a-Year Monarch Butterfly Grove, Pismo Beach, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- House Made of Coal, Middlesboro, Kentucky
- Sun Tunnels, Lucin, Utah
- Giant Lurking Indian, Richmond, Virginia
- Dinosaur McDonald's, Puyallup, Washington
- Adlai Stevenson II Resting, Bloomington, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips