Fredericksburg, Texas: Big Metal Rooster
A ten-foot-tall three-color rooster made of scrap metal stands beside the highway at a gated ranch entrance.
- FM 965, Fredericksburg, TX
- From US 290/Main St. in Fredericksburg, turn north onto N. Milam St./FM 965 and drive nine miles toward Enchanted Rock State Park.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Metal Rooster
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Metal Rooster
It's just a big, metal rooster on the side of the road.
[Max Apful, 09/05/2012]
March 30, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Bat Tornado at Dusk, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Eiffel Tower With Big Cowboy Hat, Paris, Texas
- American Freedom Museum, Bullard, Texas
- Paisano Pete, Fort Stockton, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois