Winter, Wisconsin: Toothy Big Black Bear
A big statue of a black bear on all fours, mouth open, fangs bared. Reported as now painted red because, you know, it's Red's.
Red's Big Bear Lodge
- W1614 County Road W, Winter, WI
- Red's Big Bear Lodge. On County Road W, either 14 miles east of Hwy 70 in Winter or 21.5 miles west of Hwy 13 in Phillips. Just west of the bridge across the river, on the north side.
Visitor Tips and News About Toothy Big Black Bear
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Black Bear Statue
We were on the road between the Big Muskie in Hayward and JFK's Twine Ball in Lake Nebagamon, and stumbled on a big bear outside of the logically named Big Bear Lodge.
[Kim Newell, 09/06/2012]
January 21, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Sit on Big Red Tricycle, Pepin, Wisconsin
- Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Scrap Metal Motorcycle, War Hero Museum, Irma, Wisconsin
- Rocks for Fun Cafe, Tigerton, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Michael Jackson Statue, Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Sunsphere, Knoxville, Tennessee
- World's Largest Rubik's Cube, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Statue of Otis Redding, Macon, Georgia
- Tiny Church, Wytheville, Virginia