Highland Park, Illinois: Giant Hawk Head and Nest
Enormous red-tailed hawk head (with telescope inside) guarding three huge eggs in an equally huge nest that you can walk into.
- Leonard Wood N., Highland Park, IL
- At the intersection of Old Elm and Sheridan Rds in Highwood, drive east into the main entrance of Fort Sheridan. You are now on Simonds Way. At the first stop sign, turn left on to Leonard Wood N. Travel 0.1 mile and park on the north side of the street. Follow the brick/paved path north for about two minutes to the exhibit.
- Daylight hours
Super-Sized Red-Tailed Hawk Nest
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Hawk Head and Nest
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Enormous red-tailed hawk head (with telescope inside) guarding three huge eggs in an equally huge nest. You can walk in and out of the nest and read all about the bird's natural habitat.
[Joanie Leopold, 09/23/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 13, 2013
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Adlai Stevenson II Resting, Bloomington, Illinois
- Miller Park Artillery, Bloomington, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Casa de Fruta, Hollister, California
Latest Visitor Tips