Des Moines, Iowa: Big City Cow and CalfFiberglass statue mascots of the Anderson Erickson Dairy. The calf is the size of a full-grown cow.
Visitor Tips and News About Big City Cow and Calf
The Anderson Erickson Dairy in Des Moines, Iowa, has a GIANT COW AND CALF in front of their building.[Steven, 08/12/1998]
An earlier tip claims the cow is 20 feet tall. See other Big Bovines. October 2007: "Annie" and "Eric" were the victims of a hit-and-run driver: Eric was torn out of the ground and dragged several blocks and Annie had one of her forelegs damaged. Eric is a goner, and Dairy officials say that they plan to replace him.
Big City Cow and Calf
Anderson Erickson Dairy
- 2420 E. University Ave., Des Moines, IA
- Anderson Erickson Dairy. At the intersection of University and Hubbell.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Landmark Bridge - Glass Bottom, Des Moines, IA - 2 mi.
- Crazy Sculpture Park, Des Moines, IA - 5 mi.
- Big Hands And Wrenches of the Plumbers and Steamfitters, Des Moines, IA - 5 mi.
- In the region: Bob Feller Museum, Van Meter, IA - 20 mi.