Loudon, Tennessee: Giant Cross
One of many similar Christian Goliaths that rise from America's soil, usually next to an interstate.
New Providence Baptist Church
- 245 White Rd, Loudon, TN
- New Providence Baptist Church. I-75 exit 76. Drive west until the road dead-ends (not far), turn left, then drive a half-mile. You'll see the cross on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Cross
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Yet one more giant cross made of aluminum siding rises from the landscape. This time at the New Providence Baptist Church in Loudon, TN. I'm not sure of the height, but it seems to be almost exactly the size and construction of its predecessors in Effingham, IN, Groom, TX, Pigeon Forge, TN, La Follette, TN. Perhaps a bit shorter, it's hard to tell. You can't miss the cross -- it's right off of I-75 -- but you might miss the exit, especially heading south.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 19, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Gas Station Shaped Like an Airplane, Powell, Tennessee
- Museum of Appalachia - Perpetual Motion Machine, Clinton, Tennessee
- Beale Street Experience, Memphis, Tennessee
- Rambo's Knife: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Lorraine Motel (NCRM), Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Center Of The Universe, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Russell's Travel Center, Glenrio, New Mexico
- Totem Pole Trading Post, Rolla, Missouri
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips