Spring City, Pennsylvania: Pennhurst Haunted Asylum
The old Pennhurst State School and Hospital, notorious for barbaric treatment of patients and closed since 1986, reopened in 2010 as a seasonal haunted facility and gore-fest Halloween attraction. Includes the Tunnel of Terror and the Dungeon of Lost Souls.
- 250 Service Rd, Spring City, PA
- From Bridge Rd., turn north on Church Road and follow to the asylum.
- Seasonal, weekend evenings last Sept -early Nov. (Call to verify)
Pennhurst Haunted Asylum
Visitor Tips and News About Pennhurst Haunted Asylum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Pennhurst has an eerie feel to it. You can feel something isn't right as if it's in the air. Pennhurst is only (legally) open during the Halloween season. At this time, it's set up as an attraction (I believe where people hide and then jump out). I've never been inside first-hand.
[Kevin S., 11/05/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 29, 2014
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Chef's Diner, Spot Where "The Blob" Was Filmed, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
- Time Warp: Abe Lincoln Meets Perry Como, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Bicycle Heaven Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Night of the Living Dead Cemetery, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Statue Of Liberfrog, Erie, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Glass-Bottom Pull-it-Yourself Raft, Manistique, Michigan
- Grave of a Gypsy Queen, Evansville, Indiana
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
- Popeye Statue, Springdale, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips