Millbrook, New York: Wing's Castle
An artist couple has built their own fantasy castle, host tours, and operate as a bed and breakfast. Sez Peter Wing: "Stay in a true castle, without having to go to Europe."
- 717 Bangall Rd, Millbrook, NY
- On the west side of Bangall Rd about a mile north of CR 57/Shunpike Rd.
- Summer W-Su 10 am - 5pm. Seasonal hours - call. (Call to verify)
- $8 adult under 11 $6
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Wing's Castle
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
True stone castle that so far has taken 37 years to build. We have seasonal hours, so call ahead. [Peter Wing, 12/03/2006]
A man's home that truly is his castle. Moat-shaped swimming pool, gargoyles that look like Richard Nixon. etc. Built by artists Peter and Toni Wing, construction took over 25 years to complete using salvaged materials from antique buildings.
[Claiborne Ray, 05/13/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 21, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Iron Island Museum: Ghost tours, Buffalo, New York
- Upside-Down Bridge, Lockport, New York
- Birkett Mills: Cradle of Buckwheat, Penn Yan, New York
- Museum: Smallest Museum in NYC, New York, New York
- Lake George Mystery Spot, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 25-Foot-Tall Santa with Thick Head, Watson, Saskatchewan
- Big Green Dinosaur, Wharton, Texas
- Feature: National Knife Museum, Sevierville, Tennessee
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Feature: Mud Island, Memphis, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips