Cape Charles, Virginia: Giant Beach LOVE ChairsFour large Adirondack Chairs on the beach of Kiptopeke State Park spell out L-O-V-E, part of the "Virginia is for Lovers" campaign.
Kiptopeke State Park
- 3540 Kiptopeke Drive, Cape Charles, VA
- Kiptopeke State Park. US Hwy 13 about six miles north of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Turn west from Hwy 13 onto Kiptopeke Drive for one mile. Road ends at the beach; the chairs are next to the boat ramp.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Beach LOVE Chairs
There are four huge Adirondack Chairs on the beach of Kiptopeke State Park. Each chair could hold 4-6 people, and on each one is a letter that spells "LOVE." It's part of the "Virginia is for Lovers" thing. It looks like there's no entry fee to get into the park but it maybe $3 on weekend and $2 on weekdays if there is. The park tends to close around dusk and open around dawn.[Phrank Phester, 10/28/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Lighthouse Water Tower, Cape Charles, VA - 7 mi.
- Edgar Cayce Institute/Association of Research and Enlightenment, Virginia Beach, VA - 19 mi.
- Giant Statue of Neptune, Virginia Beach, VA - 21 mi.
- Giant Propeller From SS United States, Newport News, VA - 28 mi.