Cape Charles, Virginia: Giant Beach LOVE ChairsFour large Adirondack Chairs on the beach of Kiptopeke State Park spell out L-O-V-E, part of the "Virginia is for Lovers" campaign.
Kiptopeke State Park
- 3540 Kiptopeke Drive, Cape Charles, VA
- Kiptopeke State Park. US Hwy 13 about six miles north of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. Turn west from Hwy 13 onto Kiptopeke Drive for one mile. Road ends at the beach; the chairs are next to the boat ramp.
- Chairs may be seasonally moved. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Beach LOVE Chairs
Park entry for weekdays is now $4. Small park, and the chairs are easy to spot on your left -- it's also a nice spot for other pics off the bay, which includes old ships used as a breakwater.[dianne, 05/23/2014]
Fee to park is currently $3 weekdays and $4 weekends. The chairs are neat for the kids; for adults, the concrete ships are worth the price of entry![Odosbucket, 06/13/2013]
There are four huge Adirondack Chairs on the beach of Kiptopeke State Park. Each chair could hold 4-6 people, and on each one is a letter that spells "LOVE." It's part of the "Virginia is for Lovers" thing. It looks like there's no entry fee to get into the park but it maybe $3 on weekend and $2 on weekdays if there is. The park tends to close around dusk and open around dawn.[Phrank Phester, 10/28/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Lighthouse Water Tower, Cape Charles, VA - 7 mi.
- Edgar Cayce Institute/Association of Research and Enlightenment, Virginia Beach, VA - 19 mi.
- Giant Statue of Neptune, Virginia Beach, VA - 21 mi.
- USS Monitor Relics, Replica, Newport News, VA - 29 mi.