Beverly Hills, California: The Witch's HouseCraggy fairytale home built in 1921 and moved to this appreciative neighborhood 1934.
- 516 Walden Dr., Beverly Hills, CA
- On the corner of Carmelita and Walden Dr.
- Private residence - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About The Witch's House
This storybook architectural-style house was built in 1921 by set designer Harry Oliver. Designed with a lopsided roof, tiny windows, overgrown English-style garden, moat and fairytale bridge, it looks like something out of a Hansel & Gretel story. Neighbors in this upscale neighborhood have not always been pleased with this house. Considering it an eyesore in the land of McMansions, they have tried to have it torn down at various points in its long history.
This is a private residence, so viewing is from the street, outside the cool surrounding wrought iron fence.[Nikki Kreuzer, 10/29/2012]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- 20-Foot-Tall Rocky and Bullwinkle, Beverly Hills, CA - < 1 mi.
- Michael Jackson Died Here, Los Angeles, CA - 1 mi.
- Greystone Manor - Movie Mansion, Los Angeles, CA - 2 mi.
- Portal of the Folded Wings, Space Shuttle Memorial, North Hollywood, CA - 9 mi.