Fairfield, Iowa: Golden Dome of Pure KnowledgeThe Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, guru to the Beatles, bought Parsons College and turned it into a school for his followers. The Golden Dome, a center for mass meditation, is its most impressive structure.
Maharishi University of Management
- 1 Golden Dome Way, Fairfield, IA
- Just north of town, on the east side of N. 4th St./Hwy 1, on he campus of Maharishi University of Management.
- M-F 12 am - 3 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Golden Dome of Pure Knowledge
The men's and ladies' Golden Domes are the focal facilities of an ideal community for the development of full human potential, for expanding our knowledge of all the laws of nature, and for mastery of the Sidhis, including Stage III Yogic Flying capability for all, within a few generations. In the meantime, the twice-daily group practice acts help to end terrorism at its basis -- societal stress and tension. The Domes are "America's Peace Keepers" near the population center of the United States, providing a much needed addition to the existing principles of national defense.[Rick Shaddock, 06/15/2006]
July 2007: Over 30 years ago the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, guru to the Beatles, bought Parsons College and turned it into this school for his followers. He, however, lives in Holland.
The 3 Golden Domes are at the Maharishi International University. Students levitate in the domes apparently. The mixture of wealthy new agers and overalled farm folk make for an interesting town.[John Coulter, 01/01/1997]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- American Gothic House, Eldon, IA - 15 mi.
- Indian Artifact Museum, Bentonsport, IA - 21 mi.
- Statue Of Liberty, Mount Pleasant, IA - 22 mi.
- In the region: Birthplace and Grave of First Pilot to Land on a Ship, Williamsburg, IA - 44 mi.