Culver City, California: Holy Cross Cemetery - Graves of the Stars
Catholic cemetery loaded with dead luminaries of Hollywood: Bela Lugosi, Rita Hayworth, Bing Crosby, Lawrence Welk, Sharon Tate. Head for The Grotto section.
Holy Cross Cemetery - Graves of the Stars
Visitor Tips and News About Holy Cross Cemetery - Graves of the Stars
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Contains many interesting celebrity graves, including Bela Lugosi, Lawrence Welk, Sharon Tate, Rita Hayworth, Darby Crash (from the punk band The Germs), Bing Crosby, Louella Parsons, John Candy, The Del Rubio Triplets and many more. This cemetery and mausoleum opened in 1939 and comprises 200 acres. Many celebrities are buried in the "Grotto" section in the SW part of the cemetery. There are several maps online to help find exact grave locations.
[Nikki Kreuzer, 11/12/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 9, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Feature: Nude Dude - Naked Surfer Statue, Huntington Beach, California
- Mendenhall's Museum of Gas Pumps and Petroliana, Buellton, California
- Shoe Tree, Amboy, California
- Siamese Twin Bronze Giants, Tracy, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
- Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute, Ellensburg, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips