Plaquemine, Louisiana: Chicken Yard of Plaquemine
Two vacant houses share a fenced-in yard where chickens are allowed to roam. Gives new meaning to the term free-range. A popular spot for locals who stop by to feed the chickens.
- 23085 Short St., Plaquemine, LA
- From Hwy 1 turn east at the stoplight (Chevy dealership) onto Laville St. Drive two blocks to the stop sign. Turn left onto Short St. You'll see the chicken yard ahead, on the right.
- Private property - visible from street.
Visitor Tips and News About Chicken Yard of Plaquemine
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The owner of two vacant houses on Short Street has a deal with a neighbor to allow his chickens to run free in the fenced-in yard so that he does not have to cut the grass. The site is very popular with locals stopping by to feed the chickens.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 28, 2014
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Cemetery Chapel with Hands and Feet, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Insectarium: Largest Bug Museum in U.S., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marker: Where Stars Flirted with Local Girls, Morganza, Louisiana
- Birthplace of Willie Robertson, Bernice, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona
- Big Jack Made From Fireplugs, Shelburne, Vermont
- Abandoned Whiskey Distillery Castle, Frankfort, Kentucky
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Latest Visitor Tips