Plaquemine, Louisiana: Freedom Tree and Purple Martin Sanctuary
A moss-covered bottle tree, named Freedom Tree by its creator, has lights at night. Also, a series of handmade purple martin birdhouses on the same lot.
- Martin St., Plaquemine, LA
- Downtown. On the north side of Martin St. between the north and southbound roads of Hwy 1, but much closer to the northbound road. Martin St. is four blocks south of Court St.
- Private property - visible from street.
Freedom Tree and Purple Martin Sanctuary
Visitor Tips and News About Freedom Tree and Purple Martin Sanctuary
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A moss-covered bottle tree has been named Freedom Tree by its creator. It has lights at night. The artist-owner also has a purple martin sanctuary, which is a series of unique, handmade birdhouses, on the same lot. He also rescues raccoons and possums, releases them along the Mississippi River, then goes back to check on them periodically.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 30, 2015
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Abita Mystery House, Abita Springs, Louisiana
- Gator Chateau, Jennings, Louisiana
- Feature: Voodoo Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Old Hardhide - Town Gator in a Cage, Ponchatoula, Louisiana
- Frog Capital of the World, Rayne, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brown Pet Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
- Singing Highway, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Feature: Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat, Pensacola, Florida
- Museum at World's Largest Truck Stop, Walcott, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips