Palm Springs, California: Palm Springs Walk Of Stars
Hundreds of sidewalk stars honor past and present famous residents of the desert resort town, from Frank Sinatra to Mamie Van Doren to Cheeta the Chimp.
Palm Springs Walk Of Stars
Visitor Tips and News About Palm Springs Walk Of Stars
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the center of downtown Palm Springs you will find a Walk of Fame consisting of 347 "Golden Palm Stars" honoring past and present residents of the city. From giant icons (Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Elvis Presley) to the D-list, the cheesy and the infamous (Victoria Principal, Cheeta the Chimp, Colonel Tom Parker, Liberace) it's fun to walk around wondering who you'll find next.
Started in 1992, the only prerequisite for these stars is that the honoree must have had at least a part-time residence in Palm Springs and have contributed to the world-wide reputation of the Greater Palm Springs area.
[Nikki Kreuzer, 11/26/2012]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 12, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Casa de Fruta, Hollister, California
- Santa Cruz Mystery Spot, Santa Cruz, California
- San Luis Rey Mission: Skull and Crossbones of Zorro, Oceanside, California
- Shipwreck - Attraction Ruins, Eureka, California
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pollinatarium: Bees and Bats, Urbana, Illinois
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Latest Visitor Tips