Maquoketa, Iowa: Two-Butted LambTwo-headed lambs? We've seen 'em. But a two-butted lamb? That's a true rarity. On display in the historical society museum.
Jackson County Historical Society Museum
- 1212 E. Quarry St., Maquoketa, IA
- Jackson County Historical Society Museum. On the northeast edge of town.
- Tu-F 10 am - 4 pm, Sa-Su noon - 4pm. (Call to verify)
- Free, donations accepted.
Visitor Tips and News About Two-Butted Lamb
We visited the museum that features the 2-butted lamb and 2-headed calf.[Jackie Ruston, 09/09/2006]
Just wanted to provide a picture of the "Lamb with Two Butts" in Jackson County. The little guy is stuffed, enclosed in glass and sits right next to the calf with two heads. Other than being dusty and looking more like a stuffed-animal stitched together by some warped person, I am still really proud to say I saw a Lamb with Two Butts.[Joe Tamony, 01/29/2006]
There is a display of a 2-headed calf and a 2-butted lamb in the small roadside museum just before you reach Maquoketa Caves State park in Jackson County. Worth a good giggle.[S2handley, 08/19/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Mysterious Portrait of JFK, Dubuque, IA - 29 mi.
- Fenelon Place Elevator, Dubuque, IA - 29 mi.
- Gas Station Jesus, Dubuque, IA - 29 mi.
- Tug Fest - East Side of Mississippi River Tug-of-war, Port Byron, IL - 36 mi.