Maquoketa, Iowa: Two-Butted Lamb
Two-headed lambs? We've seen 'em. But a two-butted lamb? That's a true rarity. On display in the historical society museum.
Jackson County Historical Society Museum
- 1212 E. Quarry St., Maquoketa, IA
- Jackson County Historical Society Museum. On the northeast edge of town.
- Tu-F 10 am - 4 pm, Sa-Su noon - 4pm. (Call to verify)
- Free, donations accepted.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Two-Headed Calf, Two-Butted Lamb
Visitor Tips and News About Two-Butted Lamb
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We visited the museum that features the 2-butted lamb and 2-headed calf.
[Jackie Ruston, 09/09/2006]
Just wanted to provide a picture of the "Lamb with Two Butts" in Jackson County. The little guy is stuffed, enclosed in glass and sits right next to the calf with two heads. Other than being dusty and looking more like a stuffed-animal stitched together by some warped person, I am still really proud to say I saw a Lamb with Two Butts.
[Joe Tamony, 01/29/2006]
There is a display of a 2-headed calf and a 2-butted lamb in the small roadside museum just before you reach Maquoketa Caves State park in Jackson County. Worth a good giggle.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 13, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave of the Oldest Civil War Soldier, Chillicothe, Iowa
- Birthplace of John Wayne, Winterset, Iowa
- Volkswagen Beetle Spider, Avoca, Iowa
- Three Large Arrows in the Ground, Palo, Iowa
- Large Indoor Rocking Chair, West Amana, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Medical Exhibit of Yesteryear, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips