Akron, Ohio: American Toy Marble MuseumThe land on which the The American Toy Marble Museum stands was once an old toy and marble factory. Many of the museum's exhibits were dug out of the ground during its construction.
- 200 S. Main St., Akron, OH
- Downtown, on the lowest level of the parking garage that overlooks Lock 3 Park. Take Main St. downtown, then turn west onto State St. The parking garage entrance will come quick on the right.
- Sa 10-1. More hours and days Nov.-Dec.
Visitor Tips and News About American Toy Marble Museum
The American Toy Marble Museum is a small history museum that focuses on marbles. The machine production of marbles was apparently invented in Akron. It also covers hobo culture and The Goodyear Blimp factory/hangar. Oh, and the Blue Santa found in an archeological dig on the site. At Christmas there is an outdoor ice rink, craft fair, sledding hill, train ride, etc. in the park in front of the museum.[Vanessa Clarke, 12/13/2012]
The land on which the museum stands was once an old toy and marble factory. Many of the museum's exhibits were dug out of the ground during its construction.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Birthplace of Alcoholics Anonymous, Akron, OH - 2 mi.
- Earnest Angley's Cathedral Buffet and Life of Christ Display, Cuyahoga Falls, OH - 5 mi.
- World's Most Infamous Soap Box Derby Car, Akron, OH - 4 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Outdoor Chandelier, Cleveland, OH - 30 mi.