Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Topsy the Elephant Memorial Sculpture
Visitor Tips and News About Topsy the Elephant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A permanent memorial to Topsy, the elephant eletrocuted by Thomas Edison. New Orleans Sculptor Lee Diegaard has created a stunning tribute, now on display at the Coney Island Museum.
The public is invited to the memorial's dedication on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 8pm at the museum ($5 admission). A video will be presented, beer and hot dogs will be eaten, we will look out the window to where Topsy met her fate and and watch the sun set. Then the bats will come.
[J Gavin Heck, 07/20/2003]
October 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Partridge Family Bus Replica, Ashland, New York
- Rod Serling "Walking Distance" Plaque, Binghamton, New York
- Star Trek Original Series Set Tour, Ticonderoga, New York
- Orbital Connector, New York, New York
- Museum of Sex, New York, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri