Champion, New York: B.A. Snowman
Vern Scoville builds a 35-foot-tall snowman in his yard each year, an attraction that lasts as long as the bad weather holds.
- Hwy 126, Champion, NY
- On NYS Route 126 between Carthage and Watertown. Location approximate, but they say you can't miss it.
- Winters only. Lit at night.
- Free. Please bring a non-perishable good to donate to the local food shelter.
Visitor Tips and News About B.A. Snowman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
For the past few winters, Vern Scoville (my father), has been creating huge snowmen. With the help of friends, family, and some farming equipment we build a 35-foot-tall snowman each year. This year's snowman was built on 12/29/12 and will last for the winter -- only to be rebuilt the following winter.
[Michele S., 01/07/2013]
August 2, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Rooftop Hot Dog, Medford, New York
- Lake Erie Pirate Ship (Sea Lion), Barcelona, New York
- Petrified Creatures Museum, Richfield Springs, New York
- Furniture of the Hoosick Giants, Hoosick, New York
- House of Frankenstein Wax Museum, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park, Earlimart, California