Champion, New York: B.A. Snowman
Vern Scoville builds a 35-foot-tall snowman in his yard each year, an attraction that lasts as long as the bad weather holds.
- Hwy 126, Champion, NY
- On NYS Route 126 between Carthage and Watertown. Location approximate, but they say you can't miss it.
- Winters only. Lit at night.
- Free. Please bring a non-perishable good to donate to the local food shelter.
Visitor Tips and News About B.A. Snowman
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
For the past few winters, Vern Scoville (my father), has been creating huge snowmen. With the help of friends, family, and some farming equipment we build a 35-foot-tall snowman each year. This year's snowman was built on 12/29/12 and will last for the winter -- only to be rebuilt the following winter.
[Michele S., 01/07/2013]
January 21, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Virgin Mary Atop a Large Boulder, Eastport, New York
- Rotting Remains of U.S.S. Ticonderoga, Whitehall, New York
- Bigfoot Sculpture, Sasquatch Sightings Area, Whitehall, New York
- Bigfoot Sightings and Signs, Whitehall, New York
- Tri-States Monument, Port Jervis, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Civil War Tails: Miniature Catfight, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Castle Blood, Beallsville, Pennsylvania
- Unsettling Hand Sculptures, Berea, Kentucky
- Legoland, Carlsbad, California
- Tow Mater Truck, Cleveland, Tennessee