Los Angeles, California: Dapper Cadaver - Horror PropsProp rental shop that specializes in "casualty simulation." It's a business, but when open they don't seem to mind polite walk-in browsers.
- 7572 San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, CA
- Between Arcola and Sarcola Ave. on San Fernando Rd.
- M-F, 10-6. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Dapper Cadaver - Horror Props
Located in a warehouse near some train tracks and the Burbank airport is a fascinating prop house called Dapper Cadaver. Opened in 2006 by the very friendly husband and wife team BJ and Eileen Winslow, this particular prop shop deals solely in horror and the macabre. The shop mainly caters to rentals to movie studios, independent projects, parties or stage shows, but BJ and Eileen welcome browsers and curiosity seekers.
While I was there I was treated very kindly and told to take as many photos as I wanted. Dapper Cadaver also has a special order prop fabrication shop in the back and it was interesting to watch the guys working to create some of these crazy props. Walking around the warehouse there were shelves of gargoyles, boxes of skulls and decapitated limbs, a full size alligator, evil clown mannequins, electric chairs, coffins... and that is only the tip of the iceberg.
The Winslow's props have been used in TV shows such as Dexter and Bones, as well as countless films, and live stage shows such as Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne.[Nikki Kreuzer, 02/06/2013]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Portal of the Folded Wings, Space Shuttle Memorial, North Hollywood, CA - 1 mi.
- Alien Crash Landing, Burbank, CA - 1 mi.
- Grave of Criswell, Hollywood Prognosticator, North Hollywood, CA - 2 mi.
- Garden of Oz, Los Angeles, CA - 6 mi.