Pocahontas, Iowa: Giant Statue of Pocahontas
An impressive sculpture of the town's namesake, maybe 25 feet tall, standing next to a road that doesn't get a lot of traffic.
- Elm Ave., Pocahontas, IA
- On the east edge of town, on the north side of Elm Ave./Hwy 3, about three-quarters of a mile east of the intersection of Hwy 4 and just east of NE 6th St.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 4 of 4...
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Statue of Pocahontas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This fine lady is still there. The statue is surprisingly close to the road. So close in fact that you have to stand in the highway to take a picture. [Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
Many years ago, there was a tee-pee next to this Pocahontas statue. Maybe it was an information booth or souvenir shop?
[Shari Buehler, 12/10/2006]
Pocahontas from Pocahontas, Iowa. We came across her on our way to a meeting in northern Iowa. She is posed to welcome the weary traveler into town.
[Rex Lowe, 10/18/1998]
Pocahontas, IA, has a large concrete statue representing the famous Indian princess and namesake, at the east end of town, alongside the highway. It doesn't resemble either the real Pocahontas nor Disney's Pocahontas, but towns in Iowa are always trying to be famous for something, and this is "Pokie's" claim.
[Lester Ness, 02/19/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Garden Trowel, Des Moines, Iowa
- Statue of Liberty Replica, Des Moines, Iowa
- Big Stainless Steel Hawk, Iowa City, Iowa
- Awkward Airport Sculptures, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Dr. Who Time Booth, Burlington, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Beatles/Classic Rock Ice Cream Shoppe, Pacific Grove, California
- Metrobot, Cincinnati, Ohio
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Hapeville, Georgia
- Right-Wing Uncle Sam Billboard, Chehalis, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips