Natchitoches, Louisiana: Big Al's Feeding ShowWatch the alligators leap for the raw chicken!
Bayou Pierre Alligator Park
- 380 Old Bayou Pierre Rd, Natchitoches, LA
- Bayou Pierre Alligator Park. I-49 exit 148 toward Powhatten, watch for signs. Between Powhattan and Natchitoches, off of Hwy 1.
- Daily Apr-Aug 15, Weekends - Oct 15, 10 am - 5 pm. Shows 11:30-4:30. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Big Al's Feeding Show
This is a fun thing for kids of all ages. They feed the alligators from an old boat while you watch in stadium seating. There is a gift shop and a small restaraunt that sells alligator meat. They also have goats, deer, snakes, birds, turtles. For $8 we got our picture taken holding a small alligator.[Tammy, 08/04/2012]
Big Al's Alligator Park was one of the first stops on our summer road trip this year. Definitely worth the visit. We didn't see the Conservation show, but we did see the gator's jumping at the chicken on the zip line. The kids had a chance to hold a Gator AND we also got to sample deep fried gator-on-a-stick. Yum![Heather Casey, 08/03/2009]
Five-acre park features Big Al's Feeding Show, alligator training in the swamp, and the Conservation Show on Alligator Island. Tiny Town's half-scale stores and shops are made just for kids. You can feed the goats through the windows. There are six daily feeding shows at the Snake Habitat from April 15 through October.[Terry L. Rogers, 05/27/2001]
200 gators -- "Big Al's Feeding Show" dangles raw chickens Jumparoo-style. On the way to the farm, there is an abandoned yellow schoolbus with a gator painted down its length -- the open bus hood has giant teeth.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Steel Magnolias Movie House, Natchitoches, LA - 7 mi.
- First Capital of Texas: It's in Louisiana, Robeline, LA - 11 mi.
- Grave of the Unknown Confederate Soldier, Marthaville, LA - 17 mi.
- In the region: Only International Boundary Marker Within the U.S., Logansport, LA - 53 mi.