West Point, Kentucky: Machine Gun ShootThe biggest machine gun shoot in the U.S., according to its literature. You can rent flamethrowers, too.
Knob Creek Gun Range
- Richey Lane, West Point, KY
- Knob Creek Gun Range. US Hwy 60/Dixie Hwy to Hwy 44/Stites Station rd. Drive east a little over a mile, then turn right (south) onto Richey Lane to the gun range.
- W-M 9 am - 6 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Machine Gun Shoot
The Knob Creek Gun Range has a combo Machine Gun Shoot and Jungle Walk twice a year, in April and October. $10 to get in and $15 for jungle walk, more if you would like to shoot a Tommy gun 1919, Uzi sub, or others,
They have a very cool light show with all the military weapons in many colors, it's like a fireworks show. They drop a napalm bomb. Took my daughter there for her 21st birthday -- was she surprised! Kids are welcome to come see too! Educational - owners of the guns and vets are there to show and talk. Info at www.machinegunshoot.com.[michelle, 04/24/2004]
It claims to be "Home of the Nation's Largest Machine Gun Shoot."
You can rent flame throwers and machine guns. Big weekend shoot fest with even tanks firing away at buses and stuff.[Joel Rayburn, 06/10/2001]
The Knob Creek Gun Range web site at www.machinegunshoot.com shows scenes of ballistic carnage, cindered school buses and whole families enjoying machine gun fun. They warn: "All visitors enter Knob Creek Property at their own risk! It is public knowledge that the pyrotechnic charges sometimes blow debris into the spectator area."
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Two Big Fish, Louisville, KY - 4 mi.
- M60 A1 Army Tank, West Point, KY - 5 mi.
- Midget Mountain - Gospel Campground, Sheperdsville, KY - 7 mi.
- In the region: Colgate Clock - 2nd Largest Timepiece in the World, Clarksville, IN - 20 mi.