Thorp, Wisconsin: Cow Sculptures
12 colorfully painted full-size fiberglass cows populate a town of only 1,630 people. Flower Cow, Polish Cow, Cammooflage Cow -- you get the idea.
- Main St., Thorp, WI
- Throughout the town. Stop at any local business to pick up a map of cow locations.
Visitor Tips and News About Cow Sculptures
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Who let the cows out? Moove around Thorp and find the 12 life-size cow sculptures. This town of 1630 people is small enough that you can see all the cows in about an hour if you drive, or two hours if you walk or bike. The town is roughly 11 city blocks by 9 city blocks. There is a Tree City Cow, Flower Cow, Pumpkin Cow, Cardinal Cow, Cheese Cow, Quilted Cow, Cammooflage Cow, Intellectual Cow, Aquatic Cow, Polish Cow, Yellowstone Trail Cow, and a Patriotic Cow. The Polish Cow pays tribute to the area's Polish residents, the Flower Cow is the most colorful, and the Cammooflage Cow is the hardest to find; it really blends into the surroundings. We did the scavenger hunt to see all of them and it was udderly fun. [Margaret Guyette, 07/02/2013]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wisconsin Latest Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man Head in Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- World's Most Artistic Bathrooms, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Little Dinky No. 2 Train, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- Jurustic Park, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Seven-Foot-Tall Grasshopper made of Junk, Sussex, Wisconsin
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Sanitarium Bed, Batavia, Illinois
- Geographic Center of the 48 states, Lebanon, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips