Vegreville, Alberta, Canada: World's Largest Easter Egg - The Pysanka
The "Pysanka" -- the Ukrainian word for Easter Egg -- also spins like a weather vane. 25 ft. long, made of aluminum, and created in 1975 using a computer-aided design by college prof Ronald Resch.
World's Largest Easter Egg
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Easter Egg - The Pysanka
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A recent trip through Canada shows that our zany neighbors to the north put us to shame when it comes to large roadside wonders. The Vegreville Easter Egg (Pysanka) is not only the civic symbol, it uses a hitherto unknown yet unbelievably useful tiling scheme, as detailed in Paul Hoffman's book, "Archimedes' Revenge: The Joys and Perils of Mathematics," in a chapter titled "Confessions of an Egg Man."
[Mark Newlon, 08/24/2002]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Sausage, Mundare, AB, Canada - 14 mi.
- World's Largest Mallard Duck, Andrew, AB, Canada - 30 mi.
- "Dirty Shorts" Grain Elevator, Tofield, AB, Canada - 24 mi.
- In the region: Aluminum Bat - Biggest in Canada, Edmonton, AB, Canada - 59 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 2, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alberta Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Mesh Head - Wonderland, Calgary, Alberta
- VW Beetle Spider, Calgary, Alberta
- $2 Million Outhouse, Banff, Alberta
- Fantasyland Hotel - Theme Rooms, Edmonton, Alberta
- Gopher Hole Museum, Torrington, Alberta
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wellsville, Ohio
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Feature: Museum of Aviation, Warner Robins, Georgia
- Popeye Statue, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Horse Drawn Steampunk, Elkridge, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips